Environmental Management Policy
Pickles Auctions is Australia’s leading auctioneer and valuer specialising in motor vehicle and salvage, truck, machinery, earthmoving and plant as well as IT equipment, general goods and onsite auctions.
Pickles Auctions has over 22 locations throughout Australia including every capital city. This Environmental Management Policy applies to all employees of Pickles Auctions as well as to activities conducted on the premises of Pickles Auctions.
Our Environmental Management Commitment
Pickles Auctions is committed to reducing the impact our business has on the environment. To this end we will:
- Achieve a level of environmental performance which goes beyond that required for regulatory compliance
- Conserve global resources through management of water, energy and paper consumption throughout our operations
- Improve waste management practices including recycling
- Lower greenhouse emissions relating to business travel by air and road
- Engage and equip employees to incorporate environmental consideration in their daily business and personal activities
Environmental Management Plan
Pickles Auctions is currently developing an Environmental Management Plan. The plan will:
- Establish key targets to reduce the carbon footprint of our business
- Identify strategies and initiatives to achieve those targets
- Establish a process to monitor and report on our environmental performance
The Environmental Management Plan will be reviewed and renewed every five years.
All employees of Pickles Auctions share the responsibility for protecting the environment. The Managing Director has overall responsibility for the organisation’s environmental performance and our Environmental Project team co-ordinates policy development and the management of operational issues. In addition, all managers are accountable for environmental performance in their areas of responsibility.
30 March 2010