1. Summarised extent of our commitment
(a) We are committed to protecting your privacy;
(b) We use the information we collect on our site to improve our services;
(c) We will always respect your wishes and take all reasonable steps to securely destroy your personal information, should you later decide to change your mind on the information that we have collected from you and expressly ask us to do so. We note that in some cases Pickles Auctions will be required to retain certain information due to legal reasons.
2. Our Commitment to your Privacy
2.1. The confidentiality of your personal information is of the utmost importance to us.
2.2. Pickles Auctions undertakes not to sell, trade or rent any personally identifiable information obtained from you to a third party without your consent. However, in the event of a merger, acquisition or sale of the whole or part of the business of Pickles, we reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information as part of any such transaction.
2.3. Pickles Auctions websites may contain direct links to other sites operated by third parties. You acknowledge that such sites may not be operated by Pickles Auctions. Advertisements on such sites, and links to or from other sites, do not constitute sponsorship, approval, endorsement of the content, policies, practices or services offered on those advertisements or sites.
3. How do we respect your right to privacy?
3.1. In registering your personal information with us and in using our web services, we pledge to respect your right to privacy in the following ways:
(a) By letting you decide what personally identifiable information we may collect;
(b) By assuring you of our total commitment to maintaining your privacy;
(c) By letting you decide whether or not to receive emails from Pickles Auctions; and
(d) By letting you decide whether or not to receive information from third parties approved by us.
4. Why do we need your information?
(a) So that we can process your online bids and purchases, including processing your payments for items purchased, or if you are the winning bidder of an auction item; and
(b) So we can identify you as a legitimate client and constantly improve your experience.
5. Having assured you of our commitment to your privacy, we hope that you will be encouraged to provide information about yourself to Pickles Auctions in order that we may use that information for the abovementioned purposes.
6. Although we undertake not to collect or monitor any personal information about you without your consent, we may be compelled to do so in the following situations:
(a) Because it is required by law;
(b) To provide you with a service you have requested;
(c) To fulfil our terms, conditions, internal policies or business rules; and
(d) To protect our property rights, to protect any Pickles Auctions’ clients, or any member of the public.
7. All the information that we gather is stored by Pickles Auctions on a secure site protected by state of the art 'firewalls' and never shared with anyone without your consent.
8. We will track web traffic patterns throughout the Pickles Auctions sites.
9. We reserve the right to use a feature of your browser called a "cookie" to assign a "User ID." Cookies, by themselves, cannot be used to find out your identity or the identities of any of our users, but only identifies your computer to our servers when you visit our site.
10. It is our policy only to send emails to customers who give us permission to do so. In every such email, we will also have instructions on how you may unsubscribe from the e-mail list so that you will not receive any future e-mails if you do not wish to.
11. You Consent to the following:
(a) That in using our sites, Pickles Auctions may collect and use the information you provide to us; and
12. We will always post changes in our policy on this page, so that you are always aware of what information we collect and how we use it.