Serving Our Community
Pickles is committed to supporting our local communities and actively caring for our neighbours.
We are involved in a wide range of national and local community activities including corporate sponsorships and donations, skills sharing/volunteering and workplace giving.
The following is a brief overview of our national commitment to supporting the community in a practical way and making a difference:
- Workplace giving;
- Volunteering leave;
- Sponsorship of local community initiatives and local sporting clubs;
- Auctioneers provided free of charge for charity auctions;
- Long-term support, donations and sponsorship to local charities;
- Short term employment for country football players in city clubs and youths in need;
- Employee participation in national charity days
- Support for major disaster relief appeals including collecting clothing and goods to assist Tsunami survivors in Sri Lanka, and donations towards the Premier’s Disaster Relief Appeal and the Victorian Bushfire Appeal; and
- Consideration for neighbours located next to our facilities including environmental concerns, site beautification, screens and noise reduction.
Download our Environmental Policy here
Pickles Workplace Giving
Pickles Workplace Giving was launched in October 2011 and provides employees with the opportunity to make a difference to our community by donating to charities through pre-tax payroll contributions. Pickles match staff donations (up to $50,000 per annum). Based on the results of an employee survey, we identified three community causes that were of most interest and chose to support these. We donate to Camp Quality, Salvation Army and Variety.
Since its launch, Pickles and employees have together donated more than $257,000 to our charity partners. We have also helped our charity partners through events such as volunteering at the Bulldogs Camp Quality Round Game and fundraising nationally at all auctions for The Salvation Army’s Red Shield Appeal.