Sell Your Vehicle - Canberra
Pickles can personalise your car selling experience. We will recommend a strategy utilising all of our sales channels including Fixed Price, Public, Prestige or Online auctions.
Get an Estimate
Please complete the Vehicle Assessment form if your vehicle is less than 8 years old or has any form of finance owning regardless of the age. One of our national remarketing consultants will be in touch within 72 hours. They can also be contacted on 1300 763 741. We can value a wide range of vehicles sight unseen.
If your car is 8 years or older, we will need to perform an inspection on your vehicle to advise our estimates. Simply bring the vehicle to Pickles, 179 Gladstone st, Fyshwick at the boom gate office on Thursday or Friday between 9:00am - 3:00pm for General Vehicles and Tuesday or Wednesday between 9:00am - 3:00pm for Prestige Vehicles. Vehicles arriving after this time will be placed into the next available auction. Please phone: (02) 6239 1188 or email at email@example.com before delivering the vehicle to check whether the auction is able to accept more vehicles. Documentation must be supplied at the time of entry.
The Pickles Advantage
The Pickles Vehicle Remarketing Solution takes the hassle out of selling your vehicle – plus we have a readymade buyer base waiting to purchase your vehicle!
- There are no hidden fees! We charge a competitive fee which includes the cost to notify your local transport authority
- Your vehicle should sell fast! The average selling time for vehicles is only 15 days!
- We provide low and high market estimates on your vehicle and we stand by them! (We obtain our high estimate or greater over 50% of the time, with less than 6% of vehicles achieving less than the low estimate)
- A reserve price is set on all vehicles that is jointly agreed by you and Pickles
- We offer a personalised approach to selling your car. One of our staff members will call you to discuss your requirements.
- If your vehicle happens to be under finance, we can even payout your finance company on your behalf before the vehicle is sold
- At no time does Pickles take ownership of your vehicle - sale is by consignment only. That means the higher the sale price we get for the vehicle, the more we return to you - not like a trade-in!
We can value a wide range of vehicles sight unseen. If your vehicle is less than 8 years old or has any form of finance owing regardless of the age, please complete the Vehicle Assessment form. One of our national remarketing consultants will be in touch within 72 hours. They can also be contacted on 1300 763 741.
If your car is 8 years or older, we will need to perform an inspection on your vehicle to advise our estimates. Please contact our Canberra team on (02) 6239 1188 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Useful Links
Other Important Information
Written off Vehicles
Under no circumstances, will Pickles Auctions accept vehicles that have been previously written off or water affected. A WOVR search and Revs check will be conducted on every vehicle onsite.
When selling vehicles in the ACT we recommend NSW registered vehicles be sold with either a Pink or Blue Slip to show both the current roadworthiness of your vehicle and to give to our potential buyers confidence that the vehicles should be fit for ACT registration purposes.
Pink Slip (for NSW registered vehicles
If you wish to sell your vehicle with registration you must supply a "current pink slip" obtained during the last 28 days and valid on the day of sale. If you have registered the vehicle in the last 28 days then a pink slip is not required.
Blue Slip (for NSW registered vehicles)
It is recommended that your unregistered vehicle be auctioned with a current blue slip.
Vehicles without a pink or blue slip may still be auctioned but under the Motor Dealers Act the number plates must be removed from the vehicle and the balance of registration will not pass to the buyer. These vehicles have less appeal to prospective buyers.
Title (Proof of Purchase)
It is mandatory for you to prove you are the owner of the vehicle.
Registration papers are not sufficient and do not substitute for title information. Confirming title is checking the history of the vehicle to satisfy our requirements of representing the vehicle in an ethical manner.
If your vehicle was purchased privately, the following requirements apply:
- A receipt with all relevant details of the purchase.
- Name, address and telephone numbers of the seller and purchase date.
- If your vehicle was purchased from a motor dealer or auction house (excluding damaged vehicles) a copy of the original invoice must also be supplied.
Belinda - HR Manager
07/2006 Honda CR-V Sport Luxury Wagon
‘I have been very impressed by the level of service provided to me in the sale of my car. Although sceptical initially at the thought of going through an auction process, I have nothing but praise for the professionalism demonstrated from the time of my initial enquiry through to the sale. The process was seamless, very easy to work with and you achieved a higher price than anticipated. I will certainly be recommending Pickles to colleagues, family and friends.’