- Proof of purchase i.e. receipt of sale. Registration papers are not proof of purchase. (Refer to "Title")
- Current pink slip/blue slip.
- Identify any finance monies owing.
- All vehicles are subject to a title check. Providing title is confirmed, proceeds of sale are payable seven days from the day of sale.
Booking Your Car For Auction
General Vehicle Auction
To sell your vehicle in our fortnightly general vehicle auction, simply deliver the vehicle to Pickles Auctions, 21L Yarrandale Road, Dubbo at least 3 days prior to the day the sale is due to be held. Vehicles arriving after this time will not be accepted. All documentation must be supplied at the time of entry.
Please phone: (02) 6884 7322 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org before delivering the vehicle to check whether the auction is able to accept more vehicles.
Every vehicle presented for auction requires an agency agreement to be completed and signed by the vendor. Should you have a person/agent acting on your behalf, then a written authority must be supplied along with all title information.
Insurance is the responsibility of the vendor and remain at the risk of the vendor as to any loss or damage suffered.
If you wish to sell your vehicle with registration you must supply a "current pink slip" obtained during the last 28 days and valid on the day of sale. If you have registered the vehicle in the last 28 days then a pink slip is not required.
If you wish to sell your vehicle unregistered, a current blue slip obtained in the last 28 days must be supplied.
N.B. The above certificates show that your vehicle is currently roadworthy and is more appealing to prospective buyers. Presenting your vehicle for auction with either of the above enables us to sell your car with confidence knowing the purchaser should be able to transfer or register the vehicle without inconvenience at the RTA.
If your vehicle has personalised number plates attached that you wish to retain, simply follow these steps:
- Remove the plates from the vehicle and place them on "hold" at your local motor registry
- Request that replacement (standard plates) plates be issued. You will be supplied with replacement plates and registration papers, including a replacement label. Please check the label to make sure it states the correct registration expiry date.
- If the plate exchange is not completed prior to the auction, it is usually too difficult to arrange after the vehicle has been sold.
- The responsibility for these transactions are entirely with the vendor of the vehicle, not Pickles Auctions staff.
Title (proof of purchase)
It is mandatory for you to prove you are the owner of the vehicle.
Registration papers are not sufficient and do not substitute for title information. Confirming title is checking the history of the vehicle to satisfy our requirements of representing the vehicle in an ethical manner.
If your vehicle was purchased privately, the following requirements apply:
- A receipt with all relevant details of the purchase.
- Name, address and telephone numbers of the seller and purchase date.
- If your vehicle was purchased from a motor dealer or auction house (excluding damaged vehicles) a copy of the original invoice must also be supplied.
- We do not accept vehicles previously purchased at a damaged auction.
If you have current finance on your vehicle, you must complete an authority form to enable our staff to make all necessary enquiries regarding finalisation of the account. Payment will be deducted from the proceeds of sale and forwarded directly to the finance company on your behalf. Should there be a shortfall of payment you must consult with our trust account staff to arrange payment. The shortfall will be calculated on an estimate of auction value less costs and charges and is payable in cleared funds prior to the auction.
Novated Lease Remarketing
Do you have a Novated Lease that is about to expire? Then we have a solution for you! With our Pickles Novated Lease Remarketing solution we will:
- Payout your residual value on the due date – even if the vehicle has not yet been sold on your behalf
- Provide a stress-free means of selling your vehicle
- Maximise the sale price on your vehicle and avoid low trade-in values
- Present you with a healthy profit on the sale of your vehicle
The Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA) of NSW have very stringent policies on imported vehicles. If your vehicle has a low volume compliance plate or personal import tag attached then we are advised by the RTA automotive engineers that documentation should always remain with the vehicle. Therefore, we request that you supply copies of the following documentation:
- Import documents
- Engineers report (detailing all modifications)
- Import approval