Sell your vehicle - Adelaide
Sell Your Vehicle
Pickles can personalise your car selling experience. We will recommend a strategy utilising all of our sales channels including Fixed Price, Public or Online auctions.
Get an Estimate
Please complete the Vehicle Assessment form if your vehicle is less than 8 years old or has any form of finance owing regardless of the age. One of our national remarketing consultants will be in touch within 72 hours. They can also be contacted on 1300 763 741.We can value a wide range of vehicles sight unseen.
If your car is 8 years or older, we will need to perform an inspection on your vehicle to advise our estimates. Simply bring the vehicle to Pickles Auctions, 1754 Main North Road, Salisbury Plain at the boom gate office by Wednesday 4.00pm (08) 8250 6999. Vehicles arriving after this time will go into the following week’s sale. All documentation must be supplied at the time of entry. Please contact our branch office by phone: or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The Pickles Vehicle Remarketing Solution takes the hassle out of selling your vehicle – plus we have a readymade buyer base waiting to purchase your vehicle!
- There are no hidden fees! We charge a competitive fee which includes the cost to notify your local transport authority
- Your vehicle should sell fast! The average selling time for vehicles is only 15 days!
- We provide low and high market estimates on your vehicle and we stand by them! (We obtain our high estimate or greater over 50% of the time, with less than 6% of vehicles achieving less than the low estimate)
- A reserve price is set on all vehicles that is jointly agreed by you and Pickles
- We offer a personalised approach to selling your car. One of our staff members will call you to discuss your requirements
- If your vehicle is currently under finance, we can payout your finance company on your behalf before the vehicle is sold
- At no time does Pickles take ownership of your vehicle - sale is by consignment only. That means the higher the sale price we achieve for the vehicle, the more we return to you - unlike a trade-in!
Other Useful Links
Every vehicle presented for auction requires an agency agreement to be completed and signed by the vendor. Should you have a person/agent acting on your behalf, then a written authority must be supplied along with all title information.
Insurance is the responsibility of the vendor (You the seller) and remain at the risk of the vendor as to any loss or damage suffered.
If your vehicle has personalised number plates attached that you wish to retain, simply follow these steps:
- Visit your local SA Transport office and place your personalised vehicle registration on hold for up to 5 years.
- Request that replacement plates be issued. You will be supplied with replacement plates and registration papers.
- Please check the registration papers to make sure it states the correct registration expiry date.
- If the plate exchange is not completed prior to the auction, it is usually too difficult to arrange after the vehicle has been sold.
- The responsibility for these transactions are entirely with the vendor of the vehicle, not Pickles Auctions staff.
Title (proof of purchase)
It is mandatory for you to prove you are the owner of the vehicle.
Registration papers are not sufficient and do not substitute for title information. Confirming title is checking the history of the vehicle to satisfy our requirements of representing the vehicle in an ethical manner.
If your vehicle was purchased privately, the following requirements apply:
- A receipt with all relevant details of the purchase.
- Name, address and telephone numbers of the seller and purchase date.
- If your vehicle was purchased from a motor dealer or auction house (excluding damaged vehicles) a copy of the original invoice must also be supplied.
- Any vehicle that has been previously accident damaged or is on the WOVR (Written Off Vehicle Register) then it will not be accepted for sale. Failure to disclose this information by the vendor will incur any costs associated with the administration and handling of the vehicle (Approx $60 Inc) and will void any sale if discovered after a sale. All fees will need to be paid prior to the vehicle being released back to the vendor.
If you have current finance on your vehicle, you must complete an authority form to enable our staff to make all necessary enquiries regarding finalisation of the account. Payment will be deducted from the proceeds of sale and forwarded directly to the finance company on your behalf. Should there be a shortfall of payment you must consult with our trust account staff to arrange payment. The shortfall will be calculated on an estimate of auction value less costs and charges and is payable in cleared funds prior to the auction.
Novated Lease Remarketing
Do you have a Novated Lease that is about to expire? Then we have a solution for you! With our Pickles Novated Lease Remarketing solution we will:
- Payout your residual value on the due date – even if the vehicle has not yet been sold on your behalf
- Provide a stress-free means of selling your vehicle
- Maximise the sale price on your vehicle and avoid low trade-in values
- Present you with a healthy profit on the sale of your vehicle
Transport SA have very stringent policies on imported vehicles. If your vehicle has a low volume compliance plate or personal import tag attached then we are advised by the TSA automotive engineers that documentation should always remain with the vehicle. Therefore, we request that you supply copies of the following documentation:
- Import documents
- Engineers report (detailing all modifications)
- Import approval